Dragons' Nest is the first university innovation competition to encourage students from different disciplines to collaborate for finding creative solutions to challenges and putting forward innovative idea proposals. Through the competition phases, the students will gain a more broad perspective on innovation and entrepreneurship and will develop high level soft skills that can significantly increase their employability.
Teams should be composed of 2 to 6 members.
Demonstrating multi-disciplinary expertise (e.g., Sports and Exercise Science and Data Analytics, Engineering and Psychology, Law and Computing, etc.) adds value to the proposal but it is not considered obligatory.
In addition, during the different phases of the competition students will be able to:
- Enjoy an exciting and enriching experience
- Get help to realize your idea and test it
- Show your talent and connect with future employers
- Build your resume
Who knows? This might as well be the dawn of your new start-up company.
- Teams will need to submit a one page abstract for your idea (including the problem you are trying to solve, your proposed solution, your project acronym and team composition, why it is innovative its socioeconomic impact and the resources you require)
- The committee will assign you with an appropriate coach/mentor.
- Teams will need to submit a proposal for your idea (including the problem you are trying to solve, your proposed solution, your project acronym and team composition, why it is innovative, the market target groups you are trying to reach, its socioeconomic impact and the resources you require)
- Judges will evaluate your proposal across multiple dimensions (e.g., innovation, social and economic impact, team strengths and experience)
- Successful teams progress to the next phase
- Finalist teams will need to do a 10-minute presentation in front of a judging committee. There are no requirements on how you will do your presentation; you can just present your idea by talking or you can do something else (e.g., a presentation using slides)13 May 2019
- Presentations and Award Ceremony will be performed in conjunction with UCLan Cyprus Innovate 2019June 2019